THANK YOU to our amazing community!
Our hearts are filled with gratitude for everyone who helped make our first ever Virtual Walk & Run a HUGE success. Thanks to your support, we have raised over $118,000 so far! We’ll continue to collect donations and award prizes through the end of the month.
We couldn't have done it without our fundraisers, corporate sponsors, donors, entertainers, staff, board, photo & video contributors, and everyone who helped spread the word (through signs, media, Facebook & more).
Tribute to Claudia Ayers
CRC is forever grateful to our #1 fundraiser for the 2020 Virtual Walk & Run. We are saddened to share the news that Claudia passed away on July 2nd, one day before the event. She has been a strong participant with the CRC community and we will miss her greatly! Everyone who knew Claudia remembers her gentle kindness towards everyone she encountered.
Top 5 Individual Fundraisers (as of 7/2):
- Claudia Ayers $3,810
- Elizabeth Bixler $3,115
- Rosemary Lang $2,560
- Elizabeth Einstein $2,535
- Nadia Rubaii $2,180
Top 5 Teams (as of 7/2):
- Marilee's Marvels $10,910
- WestSideWinners $9,328
- Women's Group $9,220
- Cornell Cancer Partnership $5,125
- FUSITeers $2,835
It's not too late to earn a prize:
Raise $500 or more to qualifiy (no deadline!).
Corporate Sponsors: Even in these trying times, local businesses contributed $24,350. Please thank them by giving
Zumba & Entertainers: Friends near & far contributed their music, magic, art and more. We've posted videos in case you missed a show!
We were blown away by all the contributions, please enjoy:
....keep those photos & videos comin’ and we'll keep posting them!
This year we were counting on our community more than ever, and you really came through!
- Register online as you normally would
- Create a personal fundraising page. Then, start your own team or join an established one
- Encourage family, friends, and others to join you or your team, or to donate
- Fundraise, fundraise, fundraise! Win prizes!
- Walk or run during the July 4th weekend. Think of this as motivation to get active, indoors or outside
- Enjoy Virtual Zumba & Musical entertainment
- A free event bandanna great for using as a facemask, head scarf, or dog collar, etc.
- A colorful event bib and/or tribute sign honoring a loved one. Pin it to your shirt while walking or running
- Post pictures and/or videos of yourself using hashtag #CRCWalkRun2020
- Photo Contest
- Download our social media toolkit
The Cancer Resource Center is a local, independent non-profit agency. We make life a little easier for people whose lives are affected by cancer. All of our services are provided free of charge and your donation helps ensure that we continue to do this.
Donations fund nearly 1/3rd of our agency’s operations in a normal year; in an extraordinary year like this one, your generosity is critical for our continuation of services. When you participate and raise money for CRC, you're doing your part to help our community. Your support truly makes a difference in making sure that no one faces cancer alone.
Photos from past Walk/5K Runs!